Sunday 31 March 2013

Sheer Red Lips





























I cannot wear your typical 'nude lip'. Colours like MAC's Myth, Creme De Nude and god forbid Fleshpot are strict no no's for me. Honestly, they make me look like the life has been drained out of me! For a long time I really envied people who could rock a smoky eye and a nude lip but now I wouldn't swap my sheer red lips for anything.

I pretty much wear a sheer red lip everyday, I know for some people a red lip might seem too bright for everyday, even if it is sheer but I love the colour and warmth it gives my face. Last year I did a post on how I have been embracing a more natural look and I am so happy I made that change. I still love makeup just as much as I always have, but I have embraced my features and colourings instead of covering them up. Now I like to keep my eye makeup minimal but wear bright blushes and lip colours. I actually can't even remember the last time I wore eyeliner which is quite a miracle for someone who used to wear a winged eyeliner every single day.

Anyway onto the lips!

So my sheer red lips are quite an obsession and I have accumulated a nice little collection. If I want something more subtle or my lips are feeling dry I like to use a red tinted lip balm like Benefit's Benetint. I have just bought a new one of these as my other one was on its last legs, this is definitely a favourite for me. Elizabeth Arden's Lip Protectant in Berry is another great tinted balm, but for some reason I always forget I have this!

If I want a brighter red I use Revlon's Lip Butter in Candy Apple. I love Revlon's Lip Butters and have decided I would pick one of these over a MAC lipstick any day. My newest addition to the collection is Burberry's Lip Mist in Rosy Red which I am wearing in the picture below. I love this lipstick and really want to try more of Burberry's Lip Mists. 
Most recently though I have been using Stila's Convertible Lip and Cheek Colour in Poppy. This is quite pigmented so you only need a little bit and I tend to wear my Benetint lip balm over it, as it can be quite drying.

In the winter I tend to reach for a darker, more cherry red. Clinique's Almost Lipstick in the cult shade Black Honey is perfect for this and feels lovely on your lips. Miners Tin O Tint in Cherry and Korres Wild Rose are two great cherry stained lip balms which I love equally.

So if like me you too don't suit a nude lip then I encourage you to explore your inner English Rose ;)





































No comments:

Post a Comment