Monday 18 March 2013

Face of the Day with Stila Poppy




























I am terrible for finding a makeup look I love, then about two weeks later I find myself changing all my products round and forgetting about my previous routine entirely. I think its because I am so easily influenced when it comes to makeup. One minute I'm looking at pictures of Kat Von D ready to bust out the Estee Lauder Double Wear, the bright red lipstick and my blackest of eye shadows. The next I'm admiring Emma Watson's barely there, girl next door look and using double the amount of products to try and look as natural as possible!

Now my routine has changed again and my inspiration is quite unique! I know I am about eight years behind, but I have just discovered Prison Break.....don't laugh! I am a little embarrassed to say it out loud myself but I am obsessed and just finished season one! (Next I'll be telling you about this really great show about a plane crash on an island).

But anyway, I have fallen in love with the character Dr Sara Tancredi's make up! I love it, its so warm, that's the best way I can think of describing it. Think Bella in New Moon! Her cheeks and lips have that flushed look, and there's a hint of a bronzed/coppery eyeshadow which looks like it could just be a shadow, but its just the right amount and colour to make her eyes really stand out. I mean, I'm sure if I was that close to Wentworth Miller I would have that warm flushed look too, but I'm not so I have to make do with what Ive got! 


I start off by spritzing Urban Decay De Slick all over my face. This is a makeup setting spray which you spray before and after your makeup, this stuff really works. I'm no longer scared to look in the mirror mid afternoon and find all my makeup has magically disappeared from the centre of my face!

For foundation I have been loving Lancome's Teint Miracle (for some reason I cannot say this without putting on a terrible Jamaican accent!) This is is a really beautiful foundation which gives a lovely glow to the skin. A grown up "glow" mind, not shimmery. Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation would be its obnoxious bratty little sister.

Powder Wise I stuck to my beloved Laura Mercier Mineral Powder, this shade is Real Sand which is lighter then natural beige, better for these endless Winter months!

My bronzer, is Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, I swear its the never ending bronzer. I just cant seem to finish it!

Then we have my star product, Stila's Convertible Colour in "Poppy". Stila's Convertible Colours can be used on the lips and cheeks and I used Poppy for both. Poppy is a gorgeous sheer red which is perfect for my "warm, flushed, I'm standing next to Wentworth Miller look" I really love it as a blush and I like that on my lips it leaves a natural looking stain. If you like Benefit's Benetint but hate the fact its like a paint thinner and removes any makeup underneath it, then try this I'm sure you will love it too! One thing though, if you are wearing this on your lips make sure you put on a lip balm first, as with most multi functional lip/cheek products this can be quite drying on the lips. I just used the first lip balm which came to hand, The Body Shops Shea Lip Butter.

As it was Monday morning, I made sure I used a truck load of the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Concealer under my eyes, love this stuff for brightening up the face!

Finally for face I finish off with a good dousing of Mac Fix + this is a life saver if you have over powdered. 






























If it ain't broke don't fix it, is a motto that I strongly believe in, so for brows I stuck with MAC's Lingering and Illamasqua's brow gel.

For eyeshadow I used a pro longwear eyeshadow from MAC in the colour "One To Watch". This was another rediscovery that Ive had a while but I dug out as it was perfect for my "look". Its a very warm tan colour, there is some shimmer in it, but its very natural and once its on the eyes you cant notice it, which I like. I also used MAC's "Ricepaper" for my tear duct highlight and used what was left on my brush to go along the brow bone. One of my pet peeves is a bright, white shimmering brow bone, so go easy ladies! I also used Ricepaper as a highlight on my face and I have to say its something I will be doing more often!

Then finally, the most important step of all....mascara! I used Dior's Diorshow Maximiser, which is like a primer for your lashes. I was dubious of this at first but I really have noticed a difference when I use this, my lashes seem longer and also my mascara seems to stay on longer. 

I just have to say how impressed I have been with MAC's Opulash. This is the Bad Bad Black version from the Archie's Girls collection but it is in their permanent line. I normally always have to wear waterproof mascara but this stuff lasts on me all day, does not smudge at all and its not even waterproof! I have to confess to even sleeping in this and when I woke up the next day, still hadn't smudged. This Friday I put it through its biggest test, a wisdom tooth removal! One breakdown and lots of tears later, I was expecting a panda eyed massacre but no, not a smudge in sight! Its true love!


So now I just need to find something to occupy myself with until my Prison Break box set arrives from eBay......I wonder if its dispatched yet  hmmmmmmm *refreshes emails*

No comments:

Post a Comment