Monday 4 February 2013

Everyday face featuring Rachel K CC Cream



This is my everyday makeup look that I have been doing for the past month or so, I love it because it features the majority of my all time favourite products. Theres also a couple of new products which Im sure are going to make it onto that list too.

My first new product is a moisturiser which I think is a gem! My skin was getting dry and once I had put my foundation and powder on in the morning I felt it looked even worse. I had a bit of a Boots splurge which I will share with you later, but this was one of the products I picked up on a bit of a whim. La Roche Posay Hydreane Legere, I had never heard of it, but for some reason it peaked my interest and Im so glad I got it. As soon as you put this on your face its like instant relief, it feels so moisturing, soothing and cooling on the skin. I also like that its not so heavy that I have to wait ages to apply my makeup, it sinks in pretty quickly and just leaves your skin feeling bloody heavenly! I have been using it for about a week and I can already tell a difference, I think this will definitely be my moisturiser of choice for the future. Oh and I have the one for sensitive/combination skin, it also comes in a dry skin formula.

Once my moisturiser has sinked in I then apply Rachel K CC Cream. This is my second new purchase and equally exciting! I am a big fan of LisaLisaD1 on YouTube and she has been raving about Rachel K for months, her makeup always looks amazing and I have found some on my very favourite products from her recommendations so I was eager to try. This is hard to find in the UK, I ordered mine from eBay and it took a few weeks to come, as it came all the way from Asia. I know Lisa is also selling the range on her website now. The CC cream comes in three colours; original, neutral and sunkissed. I have original which is also the palest of the three. So CC stands for colour control, and like BB Creams, CC creams claim to have a huge list of benefits, but Rachel K CC cream is completely different from any BB creams I have tried. Most Western BB creams feel and act the same way as a tinted moisturiser, this is completely different. First of all its much dryer, feeling more like a primer on the skin. The Rachel K also has more coverage it really evens out and brightens your skin tone, leaving you with the perfect base to apply the rest of your makeup. I would not recommend wearing this alone, but using it as you would a foundation primer. Also this stuff is amazing at making your makeup last all day.







































On top of my Rachel K I have been using my beloved Laura Mercier Mineral Powder in Natural Beige. This is another product I purchased based on Lisa's recommendation and it truly is one of my holy grail products (this is my third pot and counting!) Mineral makeup has never appealed to me before and I have never tried a Bare Minerals foundation but the Laura Mercier, just gives my skin the nicest colour and glow which I cannot achieve with a foundation. Honestly if I could recommend only one makeup product it would be this.

For bronzer I have been using the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer, I love that this is matte and it gives my skin a lovely warm glow. I also have been skipping eyeshadow and just running this through my crease with a fluffy brush. I love how this looks, plus it saves you faffing about with eyeshadow in the morning! I haven't really been wearing eyeliner lately, but I could never go without mascara! From my previous post below you can see how much i have been loving my Maybelline mascara's so I just whack on about 10 coats of which ever one is nearest to me!

For my brows, two products from Illamasqua that you can't go wrong with! Their powder eyeshadow in Boomerang is a great natural match for my brows and I just fill them in with an angled brush, then brush through with their brow and lash gel which is amazing, trust me your eyebrows wont budge!

Finally lips, this has been the lip combination I wore for every event over Christmas! Work Christmas Party, Christmas Day, New Years Eve and a lot of days in between! The lipstick is English Rose by Burberry which I featured in my Top 12 of 2012 and the liner is Natural Beige by Dior (again another Lisa recommendation). I have come to the conclusion with Burberry lipsticks that you honestly only need one, they are such beautiful, natural lip colours that once you find the colour that suits you just stick to it. I know I will be sticking with English Rose.





Let me know if you have tried any of these and any recommendations you have. Also I think I must be one of the only people who loves to see pictures of used makeup, it fascinates me. As you can tell, Im no neat freak ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment