Monday 8 October 2012

MAC Marilyn makes me happy :)


After months of tweeting and googling and ooohing and aaaahing the MAC Marilyn collection finally arrived. As expected the collection sold like hot cakes but even I was shocked to see how much had sold out within a day. These are the MAC collections I love, a great collaboration and great packaging!


Marilyn kisses


I can't tell you how excited I was to come home to this bad boy after a long day at work!


The lipsticks: Love Goddess, Scarlet Ibis, Charmed I'm Sure and Deeply Adored






































Love Goddess, is a bright pink with a satin finish. This is my favourite of the four lipsticks I got, bright but wearable and I love the stain this leaves on the lips.






































Scarlet Ibis - The one I was most excited about and in my favourite finish, matte! An orange red, as you know I have been loving the R'Orange's this month. This is a lovely colour, I really think MAC's matte lipsticks don't get enough love!






































Charmed I'm Sure, this actually looks darker in real life then in the photo. A beautiful deep red and another matte finish WAHEY!






































Deeply Adored - Matte as well, I have to be in a brave mood when I wear this. This is very dark and vampy but perfect for Autumn/Winter. I think I will have to channel my inner Marilyn when wearing this!


From left to right - Love Goddess (my fave), Scarlet Ibis, Charmed I'm Sure and Deeply Adored


I love the pictures they have used on the packaging, with the red writing too, is it sad that I got this just to have in my bag!

Beauty Powder in Forever Marilyn



MAC Beauty Powders are general multi taskers, depending on the shade and your skin tone, you can use them as an all over setting powder, blush, bronzer, highlight or contour. Personally I would use Forever Marilyn as an all over setting powder. At the moment I am a too tanned for it after my holiday but I will definitely be making use of this in the winter months.



Now, my favourite thing of the whole collection and the one thing I almost didn't order. The blush in "The Perfect Cheek" If your local MAC has any of the collection left or you do end up in a manic eBay treasure hunt, this is the one thing I would really, really recommend. I love this blush and I don't have any colours at all like it. Its a lovely neutral pink, that looks very natural and I like the fact that you can pack quite a bit on without it looking too much. I am so pleased I got this, its true love!

Forever Marilyn beauty powder on the left and The Perfect Cheek blush on the right.


I really hope you all managed to get what you wanted before they sold out. Is anyone else already imagining and getting excited by the next big MAC collaboration?!

No comments:

Post a Comment