Tuesday 23 October 2012

Halloween Nails for Grown Ups!


If you want to get into the Halloween spirit but nail art isn't your thing, here are my picks for the perfect Autumn colours from Essie. 

First up, "Bahama Mama"

This is the perfect berry wine colour. It looks much more purple in the bottle then it does on the nails. I love this colour its that kind of Gothic colour I want at this time of year, reminds me of a wax seal!



From Essie's new Autumn 2012 Stylenomics collection I have picked its namesake "Stylenomics"

This and Bahama Mama are my two favourites, this is a very dark green, almost black. The green hasn't picked up as much in the photos as it does in real life but I love this colour. For some reason it reminds me of a pirate!



Next up we have "Wicked"

This is a pretty much dead on dupe for Chanel Rouge Noir, which is one of my favourite polishes of all time. The only different is that Rouge Noir is slightly redder whereas Wicked is slightly more brown in tone. But to your normal person, these two are exactly the same colour! Personally I would say pick Rouge Noir out of the two, its a cult classic and I think everyone should own it!



And finally although I'm almost 26, even I cant say no to a bit of glitter. As an alternative you could try a flake top coat. Various brands make them, but the one I have by Essie is called "Shine of the Times". These give a really cool effect on the nails and depending on the light, shine red/green/orange. The colours make me think of Autumn leaves and unlike glitter this isn't a bitch to remove!






































Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment