Saturday 5 November 2011

Removing Glitter Nail Polish: The Foil Method

I had heard about this method of removing glitter nail polish before but always thought it sounded like quite a palava and frankly I can't be arsed with that.

10 minutes into removing my OPI Muppet's glitter that all changed. Close to tears, half a packet of cotton pads down, glitter all over my hands and cotton wool stuck to my nails I saw the light.

You will need


Nail Polish Remover, Cotton Pads/Wool whatevs! Kitchen Foil and 10 minutes of your life

Step 1.

Soak the cotton pads with nail polish remover like you normally would and place onto your nail like so....


Step 2.

Wrap kitchen foil around the pad and your finger. Wrap it tightly so the soaked cotton pad stays on top of the nail.


Step 3.

Repeat on each finger, until your fingers look as cool as this....


Step 4.

Fully focus your attention on True Blood for 10 minutes


Step 5.

Press down on your nail (nothing wrong with a bit of firm pressure here) and as you press down, pull off the foil and cotton pad.


Step 6.

Rejoice and wipe away any excess glitter left around the edges of your nails


This is method is so much easier for getting rid of stubborn glitter and despite my initial hesitation I will be using it from now on!



No comments:

Post a Comment