Sunday 25 September 2011

September Haulin'


Ooooh new things! I thought I would do a round up of the things I've bought in September


Ardell Enchanting False Lashes - Ardell make my favourite lashes, the Demi Wispies. They are so easy to apply and look really natural. My Best Friend bought these and they looked amazing on so I had to try them. Obviously they aren't natural looking but I can't wait to try these! I picked these up in Boots.


Bourjois Delice de Soleil - Basically a spray bronzer, the blurb on the back says " For a beautiful natural-looking tan, spray the product about 30cm from the skin "
I got this in Fair/Medium and I've only tried it once but I wasn't impressed, the colour was very orange and the spray wasn't a fine mist, some bits spurted out so I was left with unattractive orange spots. I'm going to Spain for a few days next week so I'm hoping it will look better with a tan, but so far not impressed. Avoid! - Boots £7.99




Garnier BB Cream - I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff, can't recommend it enough! I originally bought the medium because I was worried the "Light" would be too light but it turns out the medium was a bit too dark so I ended up buying both shades. I'm sure you have heard all the hype about this product already but all I can say is that it feels lovely on your skin, gives a good level of coverage. It doesn't leave your skin looking flawless unless you are lucky enough to have flawless skin in the first place but it makes you look glowy and healthy and I would recommend this to anyone - Boots £9.99


Too Faced Glitter Glue - Not my most sensible of purchases! I recently bought the most amazing Make Up For Ever glitter and was struggling to get it to stick to my eyelids. I saw MakeupbyTiffanyD talking about this product on YouTube and it became my impulse purchase! I haven't tried it yet but will let you know how it fairs the next time I break out the glitter. - Boots


Boots Cucumber Cleansing Wipes - Really nothing special but I just love the smell of these!


Beyonce Pulse Perfume - B has done it again, gorgeous smelling perfume, hideous bottle! I mentioned in my latest beauty graveyard post how much I love Beyonces perfumes and Pulse is no exception. I highly recommend you give it a sniff, its one of those perfume that i cant stop sniffing! - Superdrug - £21.99 for 30ml



Too Faced Glamour Dust Glitter Pigment in "Glampire" - Not going to lie, I think I bought this mostly based on the name! I'm watching True Blood as we speak ;) - Boots




Stila Eyeshadow in "Kitten" - I have wanted this eyeshadow since I first started watching YouTube videos and Kande Johnson used it. Now with Stila coming back to the UK I thought I would finally pick it up. Its a beautiful champagne colour and really buttery to touch not at all gritty (yay!) The only thing I did notice, looking at the Stila stand in Boots is how expensive their products are. This eyeshadow was £12, their price point is too high. If the prices were lower I might consider checking out other items in the range. I think if they want to stay in the UK and be successful they should really reconsider their pricing - Boots £12.00



Chanel Peridot - Sometimes I really annoy myself! When I saw the swatches of this online I thought no, its one of those colours that looks so much better in the bottle. But then everyone started talking about it and I got sucked in! This started a mad hunt for it, only to find everywhere was sold out. Eventually I found this little guy on the Harrods website, which is where I ordered it from. I would like to add that I had to pay the ridiculous delivery charge of £5! So I finally got it and guess what, I don't love it, for all the reasons I didn't want it in the first place. You can see every brush stoke, it doesn't make your nails look good you can see every ridge and on the nails it just appears gold, you don't pick up any of the beautiful teal beetle colours :( If you missed this don't worry - www.harrods.com


Maybelline Colour Sensational Lip Liner "338 Midnight Plum" - I was looking for a plummy colour lipstick for Autumn/Winter. I have a couple of very dark plummy lipsticks and I wanted one that was a bit lighter, more day time appropriate. I couldn't find a lipstick that I liked but I did find this lipliner. I have just been filling my entire lips in with this. This will do for now but I think I may check out Chanel Vamp Lipliner in Duty Free next week! - Boots



MAC Eyeshadow in "Moleskin" - This is from the new MAC Me Over collection. I love this colour and I will get a lot of wear from it. Its just a matte light brown shade similar to Wedge by MAC or Naked by Urban Decay, great for wearing all over the lid. If you can still get this I would really recommend picking it up. - MAC £11.50




MAC Lipstick in "Blankety" (Amplified) - I have been looking for the perfect nude lipstick but I don't like concealer lips, I like my nudes more on the brown side and Blankety is perfect. I just picked this up after randomly swatching half the lipsticks on the counter, I haven't heard much about this lipstick online but I really like this! I also think Amplified are my favourite MAC lipstick finishes. - MAC £13.50




Orly Nail Varnish "Shine on Crazy Diamond" - I love this holo glitter polish. Its definitely a layering glitter but its perfect for my galaxy print nails which I have been obsessed with lately. I painted 2 coats over some black varnish to show you how cool this looks. - eBay



OPI "Get in the Expresso Lane" - This is from the new Touring America collection, a gorgeous deep, dark brown. I'll make sure I get a pic for you when I next wear it. - eBay




OPI "Unripened"- Another eBay buy! Repeat after me, I must stop buying nail varnish on eBay! Sorry about the sloppy application, this colour didn't stay on long. This is a big regret! Its another one of those colours that looks so much better in the bottle, on the nails it just looks flat and I really don't like it :( - eBay


Is it bad I already have a mental list for next month?!


No comments:

Post a Comment