Saturday 21 May 2011

MAC Surf Baby Hibiscus Lipstick

MAC's latest collection "Surf Baby" was released in UK stores last week. I had looked at various swatches from the collection online and I knew the only things I was interested in were 'Saffron" eyeshadow and "Hibiscus" lipstick. I decided to skip on "Saffron" as it just underwhelmed me when I swatched it. So this is the only thing I picked up from the collection.
Hibiscus is a bright coraly/red colour with a creamsheen finish
Personally I'm not a big fan of the Surf Baby packaging. I like the white but really not a fan of the drab coloured stripes. But of course its all about whats inside! This is not a colour for the faint hearted. I personally love any coral coloured lipstick so there was no way I could pass this one up but I definitely feel like I need to be more tanned to wear this.
There are 2 MAC colours that I would compare Hibiscus too and they are Toxic Tale which was released with the Venomous Villains collection and Viva Glam Cyndi.
From left to right: Toxic Tale, Hibiscus and Viva Glam Cyndi

Toxic Tale is more orange and matte then Hibiscus and Cyndi has more red tones but they are definitely similar.
Now I just need to work on that tan.....

No comments:

Post a Comment