Sunday 15 May 2011

Deborah Lippmann Glitter in the Air

I finally got my hands on my first Deborah Lippmann nail varnish! If you have not heard of Deborah Lippmann before she is an American celebrity manicurist. Her nail varnishes were impossible to find in the UK until House of Fraser recently started stocking them in their Apothecary. You can find them on the House of Fraser website and in store.

I originally heard about Deborah Lippmann after Lady Gaga appeared on the cover of Vanity Fair. She is wearing a Deborah Lippmann colour called "Waking Up in Vegas".

I lusted after this colour for ages but it was impossible to get in the UK, even on eBay. Then by the time House of Fraser started stocking the brand my original lust had worn off! Does anyone else get that or just me? So i picked Glitter in the Air.

Have to admit half of what attracted me to this nail varnish is the name! It reminded me of the P!nk song of the same name and apparently Deborah created this colour with P!nks performance of that song in mind.

Its a milky blue colour with hexagon shaped blue and pink glitter pieces with small silver flecks.

I used 3 coats with a top coat of seche vite. I love this colour its completely unique, I have seen a colour like this and its a more grown up way to wear a glitter varnish.

The downside is the price. Deborah Lippmann colours range from £14 - £16 available from House of Fraser. I actually purchased mine from eBay, it came from America so it only cost me just under £10 including delivery. Obviously you have to wait longer, but if you are on a budget I would recommend checking eBay first.



No comments:

Post a Comment