Saturday 12 February 2011

New York City Sephora Haul


So I have just got back from an awesome holiday in New York with my 3 best friends and I have the post holiday blues :( I love New York and this was my 5th visit! I had a huge list of make up I wanted to buy in Sephora but had to restrain myself! Anyway here's what I got :)

1. Make Up For Ever HD Foundation "115" - This was not on my list to buy, I was actually planning on getting Nars Sheer Glow but when I swatched Sheer Glow it came up very yellow on my skin and I was put off. This was a bit of a last minute ahh go on then throw it in the basket purchase! I justified it as MUFE is hard to get in the UK. When I tested this it blended into my skin perfectly and was not heavy at all which is what I want in a foundation. I don't have perfect skin but I hate heavy foundations. My MAC Face and Body is almost out and when it is I will be moving onto this bad boy.

2. Lorac Perfectly Lit Spotlight Powder "Luminous" - This was a product I had planned on getting after hearing it raved about by several US YouTubers including one of my favourites LisaLisaD1. This is a highlight powder and I can totally understand the hype, it really gives the skin a beautiful sheen without being glittery, its very smooth not gritty at all. Love this :)

3. Bare Minerals Mineral Veil "Hydrating" - I'm not a big powder fan and I normally don't even use powder but when I heard Fleur De Force raving about this powder I decided to give it a go. When I opened it, I was surprised as it was more glittery then I thought but it doesn't show up as much on the skin which is a good thing. This is a really nice powder for giving your skin that glow, whereas I find powder tends to dull down your skin, this does the opposite. I have only used this once so will let you know how I get on with it.

4. Urban Decay Afterglow Glide On Cheek Tint "Quickie" - Urban Decay seem to be releasing impressive new products all the time! They really are on a roll, I am particularly loving the new packaging designs and it seems I want every new release which is not a good thing! I had seen these glide on cheek tints online and lusted after them, being a huge cream blush fan! They are not available in the UK yet so I was so excited to see these in Sephora. All the colours are gorgeous but "Quickie" stood out the most to me. Its a bright neon pink with a hint of peach and I love it. I also love the consistency of these, really easy to blend unlike the MAC cream blushes. I was also hoping to get the new Urban Decay highlighters because I love the skull packaging but they didn't have them in Sephora :(

5. Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer "Light" - I was most excited to try Kat Von D's range, what I love about it is the effort she has obviously put in with the design and art work. I cannot understand celebrities who are given the opportunity to release a perfume or make up range and the packaging is a piece of shit! If I was ever given an opportunity like that, god I would work my arse off to make it perfect! Anyway I got the concealer after hearing a lot of good things, I haven't had the opportunity to properly try it yet but this stuff is heavy duty and you only need the tiniest bit.

6. Kat Von D Lipstick "Backstage Bambi" - I love this colour its the perfect bright pink but surprisingly wearable! I will definitely post some pictures of this colour as its my new favourite!

7. Kat Von D Perfume Purser Spray "Saint" - Purely bought for packaging reasons!

8. Kat Von D Perfume Purser Spray "Sinner" - See above!

9. Kat Von D Perfume Roller ball "Adora" - Oooh this one was bought based on smell! And we don't have roller ball perfumes in the UK like in the US

10. Sally Hansen HD Nail Varnish "DVD" - Love this colour its that kind of duo chrome I have been obsessed with lately. Swatches will follow shortly. I bought this in Duane Reed.

11. O.P.I Nail Varnish "Yoga-Ta Get This Blue!" - Just liked the colour! Another Duane Reed purchase.

12. Anastasia Brow Gel "Espresso" - I'm lazy when it comes to my brows and I never like how they look when they are filled in, so I thought a tinted brow gel would be a happy medium. I do really like how easy this is and it gives that groomed look, my only complaint would be that the brush is quite big and I have got blobs of brown on my head!

13. MAC Wonder Woman Lipstick "Marquise D'" - I'll do a separate post on this....:)

14. MAC Wonder Woman Blush "Mighty Aphrodite" - Same here :)

Oh and I also bought one of those EOS lip balms in mint......not that impressed! They are just weird!

No comments:

Post a Comment