Monday 27 December 2010

Nail Rock Designer Nail Wraps

I have been wanting to try these nail wraps by Nail Rocks for ages, so I was chuffed to get these pink velvet leopard skin ones for my birthday. Sadly the love affair is over.
First of all these are a right pain in the arse to apply! If you have no patience and get bored simply waiting for your nails to dry, then run away in horror now!


There are step by step instructions on the back of the pack, which I would recommend strictly following if you are to stand any hope!

First you have to file and shape your nails. You will also need to push any excess cuticle back.

Then you have to buff the nail to remove any shine, in order for the wraps to stick.

Remove the wraps and place on your nail, heat the wrap with a hairdryer and push firmly down on one side, apply heat again and press firmly down on the other side, apply heat again and press firmly down on the whole nail. This needs to be repeated for each nail.....that's right x10!

For the excess wrap at the end of your nail, the instructions tell you to simply file this away in a downward motion. THIS DOES NOT WORK ARGH! The nail wrap is too thick and impossible to file. I ended up just cutting the ends off with scissors. I then tried to file again just to shape, but this just created ugly tear marks.

Mmmm pretty! Also as you can see in this picture, there are areas where the wrap has not stuck. There is only so much heat your fingers can withstand!

I could tell straight away that these, were not going to last long. The edges were peeling and were so rough it was uncomfortable. After a few hours I couldn't bear it anymore and peeled them all off.

I am so disappointed by these, for the time and effort you put in the result is utterly crap! Its such a shame as well. From a distance they actually look really nice and they have a lovely shine to them, but as soon as you get up close you see all is not well!

Now you might be thinking maybe its just me, but my best friend bought these nail wraps before me and had exactly the same problem and hers only lasted a day. I have also read some reviews and these have not fared well. My recommendation would be to try the cheaper version nail wraps as they are thinner so will adhere to the nail easier and be easier to file down.

But as far as Nail Rock goes....don't waste your money!

Availability: Topshop, ASOS and various other online stores

Price: Varies roughly £6.50

Repurchase? NO

No comments:

Post a Comment