Sunday 7 November 2010

R.I.P James Brown London Serum

I've used up quite a few products this month which makes me happy first up is a product is James Brown's hair serum.

If you aren't familiar, James Brown is the hairdresser to Kate Moss....he is also a sex machine ;)

His hair products line can be found in Boots although I have noticed his Scandalous range of products are also available in Superdrug now. Its strange though as the Superdrug products don't mention his name on the packaging anymore and Boots appear to have reduced their stocks dramatically. I do remember reading somewhere that he was filing for bankruptcy which might be something to do with this change but its a real shame as I'm a massive fan of this brand.

The thing I like best about James Brown products is the smell, all of the products smell gorgeous and have a very unique smell that I can identify straight away. I would buy everything based on the smell alone! The serum is no exception, it has his signature smell and I love it.

Each product has a description on the back, along with directions.

"Serum adds shine and protects hair from the elements but many people use too much which can make hair feel oily. Use a small amount; you can always add more. I've found that red seaweed extract gives the 'slip' and shine of silicone without the build up. I've added provitamin B5 for condition and the antixoxidant white tea"

I have really enjoyed using this serum, it doesn't weigh your hair down like some serums can and I find it doesn't matter if you put a little too much in your hair as it can be very easily rubbed in. I just run it through the ends of my hair when its wet and that's pretty much all I do. I don't blowdry my hair as its been damaged enough with hair dye! I find just using this serum makes my straggly ends look sleaker and of course makes my hair smell gorgeous.

I cannot recommend James Brown products enough, purely for the smell alone! I would definitely repurchase this serum except I have a Lee Stafford one I have to use first! But I'm missing the smell already. Big thumbs up

No comments:

Post a Comment