Sunday 10 October 2010

MAC Venomous Villains!

Ooh it feels like Christmas! As I'm sure you all know MAC Venomous Villains was released this week. I think it was released online on Tuesday and then released in stores on Thursday. I hope you all got your orders in as most of the products have now sold out online and in stores :( Personally i cant believe how quickly this collection sold out, even items such as the nail varnishes which weren't in special packaging, sold out straight away.

Being a huge MAC and Disney fan I have been waiting for this collection for months (that's my excuse anyway) So me and my best friend placed our orders online on the day of release. I tried to show some self restraint and only ordered the items I really wanted.......but then we both had regrets and seeing how fast everything was selling out, my friend went into our local MAC on the day of release and purchased a few more items! Also as its my birthday at the end of October I have asked for the last few items I wanted as birthday presents. So I basically got everything I wanted :) Now I'm on a strict no make up buying ban for the rest of the year!

Maleficent's Collection

This was the part of the collection I purchased the most products from and in my opinion the best products were Maleficent's.

So, I purchased:

Mineralize Eyeshadow Duo "My Dark Magic"
Mineralize Eyeshadow Duo "She Who Dares"
Lipstick "Violetta"
Lipstick "Dark Deed" This was given to me on my work experience :)
Lipgloss "Revenge is Sweet"
Nail Varnish "Formidable!"
Nail Varnish "Mean Green" (Not pictured as waiting for this to arrive)

The Evil Queens Collection:

From this part of the collection I purchased:

Beauty Powder "Oh So Fair" (I decided to only get one beauty powder, as I'm not sure how much use I will actually get out of them. So I just picked the one with the nicest packaging which was the Evil Queen)
Lipstick "Toxic Tale"
Eyeshadow "Vainglorious" (This was another lovely surprise from my work experience)

Cruella's Collection:

I purchased:

Lipstick "Heartless"
Eyeshadow "De-Vil"

(I have asked for Sweet Joy eyeshadow as a birthday present)

Dr Facillier's Collection:

All I purchased from the last part of the collection was:

Greasepaint Stick "French Quarter"

For my Birthday I have asked for Magically Cool Liquid Powder in "Truth and Light" and the 2nd Greasepaint stick.

Recommendations:

The products that I really rate and think are must haves are:

The 2 mineralize eyeshadow duos from Maleficent's collection. They are both beautiful colours, very pigmented and look great when applied to the eyes.

Nail Varnish in "Mean and Green" although mine hasn't arrived yet, I tried out my friends and I keep finding myself staring at my one painted thumb nail! In some lights its green, then gold, then purple. A really unique colour.

Lipstick "Heartless" from Cruella's collection. A beautiful perfect red. I think all skin tones could wear this, the texture, the application I love everything about this.

Now repeat after me, must not buy anymore make up ever!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment