Wednesday 15 September 2010

R.I.P L'Oreal Serie Expert Force Vector Shampoo


I've used up quite a few products lately (I don't know why I get a little kick out of using up a product.....OK a really big kick!) but I always feel proud of my accomplishment (Clearly not satisfied elsewhere in life!)

I also had the conditioner to this shampoo but as I'm quite liberal with conditioner that's already long gone.

I bought this after the umpteenth time of dying my hair, this time from blonde to a very dark raven brown and my hair was feeling ravaged! I am a fan of the L'Oreal professional hair range after my hairdresser recommended them to me. I had started using Kerastase but she advised me that L'Oreal is the company who make Kerastase products so they are basically the same products, expect the L'Oreal range is much cheaper. Keeerching

So i picked this up at a salon near where I live, the hairdresser looked at my hair and recommended this. She advised that this was better then an ultra hydrating/conditioning combination as this would actually improve the condition of my hair and reinforce it, instead of just making it feel softer.

This is the first time I have used a product from the Force Vector range and I have to be honest I was really unimpressed with both the shampoo and conditioner. The shampoo just would not lather up in my hair. I have a lot of hair so I need some lather to actually distribute the shampoo evenly round my head. I had to do 2 washes every time and towards the end I was doing 2 washes with this and then using whatever other shampoo was in the shower to do a final rinse so I actually felt like my hair had been cleaned! The conditioner/masque was a more watery texture then I am used to with conditioning masques and didn't really seem to do much.

The description on the back of the bottle states "Reinforcing anti-breakage shampoo for fragile, brittle hair. Hair fibre is fortified and protected leaving hair soft, shiny and feeling stronger"

Hmmmmmm how about no!

My hair didn't feel conditioned, didn't feel soft, and if anything I have been noticing breakage more then usual.

So a big fat thumbs down for this shampoo :( I will purchase from the L'Oreal professional range again but not their Force Vector line.

Now its the turn of Ojon hydrating shampoo and conditioner to step up!

No comments:

Post a Comment